To rally elected government officials and decision-makers through advocacy, with the goal of inspiring them to take sustainable action on conditions that reduce inequality and barriers to the development of young people’s full potential.Consult our position statements
The Foundation begins by strengthening the influence of those who are primarily concerned (citizens, people from marginalized or disadvantaged environments, civil society actors) and to report on their realities, without claiming to “represent” them. We are committed to:
- taking a position and being a non-partisan voice further to consultation with our partners and other stakeholders.
- recognizing and valuing the diversity of points of view and the dialogue between different stakeholders.
- not claiming to be “experts” on issues and solutions (basing our work on documented facts) or to represent citizens from disadvantaged or marginalized environments.
- participating in collective action, providing support without taking the lead.
- Submitting briefs and taking part in public consultations
- Supporting and participating in events, collectives, committees, actions and coalitions
- Adding our voice to public position statements in the media, most frequently in collaboration or after consultation with other stakeholders
On the strength of what we have learned in recent years, and further to requests from our stakeholders (citizens, partners, social actors), we have identified priorities that will evolve in tandem with social, political and economic conditions.
Food systems and security
Prejudice and discrimination
Sustainable social finance
Our commitment also finds expression in our engagement in several declarations and pledges, including:
- The framework and pledge of the Collectif des fondations québécoises contre les inégalités: Philanthropic foundations and commitments to fight inequality
- The philanthropic community's Declaration of Action of the Circle on Philanthropy and Aboriginal Peoples in Canada
- The brief submitted by the Philanthropic Foundations Canada to the Government of Canada’s consultations on Boosting charitable spending in our communities