We strive to be constantly attuned to ways in which we can improve our understanding and learn from the initiatives we support. Our goal is to remain a foundation that is firmly rooted in the needs of communities and environments. Our resulting in-depth understanding of current issues and their contexts enables us to do a flexible, sensitive analysis of the applications submitted to us.
We offer funding to:
Communities where or partnership coalitions that are mobilizing to take action on various issues (poverty, inequality, social development, the development of children and youth, and the environments where they and their families are living).
Networks of actors, citizens, stakeholders or decision-makers who are innovating, sharing knowledge and practices, and participating in the dialogue on public policy.
Resources offered by community organizations that provide information, raise awareness and offer alternative voices for the general public, other actors (networks, territories) and political decision-makers.
What guides our decisions
A connection with our mission
What is the initiative doing to create conditions to help develop the full potential of children and youth living in Québec:
Our keys to understanding
Mobilization and social anchoring
Mobilization of project leaders, support for communities and alignment with needs.
How partners plan to successfully implement their initiative.
Beyond the actions proposed, the overall objective and social change desired by the partners through their initiative.
The initiative’s contribution to the needs of the community and its total value added to foster the development of young people’s full potential.
How to submit an application
We accept applications for funding all year round.
Write us a letter of intent
We view this letter as an initial contact, giving us an idea of what inspires you and what you want to accomplish.
Use your letter to briefly tell us:
- who you are, the nature of your vision and the conditions you would like to change (in collaboration with your partners) in order to further the development of young people’s full potential
- the type of support you need
- how your initiative reflects our orientations.
Please feel free to include any other existing documentation you consider to be pertinent.
Projects that we do not support
In order to offer an approach that complements the efforts of other philanthropic organizations without infringing on the role of the government, the Foundation does not provide funding for the following:
- Initiatives that:
- target issues outside of Québec
- are not related to developing the full potential of children and youth
- fail to address barriers that lead to inequality or the conditions that reduce them
- offer direct services for individuals as opposed to proposing a global response to a need in the community
- are submitted by a single organization, i.e., that are not the result of a joint effort or partnership
- seek to implement or reproduce a program or solution on the ground based on a top-down approach
- Base or recurring funding for an organization or project
- Fundraising campaigns (regular or emergency)
- Grants and bursaries (for education, for example)
- Purchase of equipment, food, school supplies, etc.
- Partisan political activities
- Non-profit organization projects
- Individual projects
Our 3 levers
In order to achieve our mission, we place all of our levers—investments, endowments and influence—at the service of social justice and the capacity for action of people who have the potential for innovation and for developing and implementing solutions that are unifying, effective and sustainable.