Carrefour action municipale et famille
The Carrefour action municipale et famille (CAMF) is a non-profit organization engaged in promoting, implementing, supporting and monitoring municipal family policies.
Working with like-minded associations, organizations and partners, the CAMF offers municipalities strategic support services aimed at developing family-friendly living environments.
Its areas of reflection and intervention include:
- Improving the quality of living environments
- Promoting the Child-Friendly Municipality (City) certification program
- Work-family-studies balance
- Quality of life and health
- Neighbourhood revitalization
- Sustainable development
- Social development
Photo Credit: Marie Deschesnes
A key actor for implementing projects that rally municipal actors around issues concerning children with special needs and their families
In May 2019, the Chagnon Foundation granted funding to the CAMF to enable it to realize its new strategic positioning. This included the implementation of four phases that would help municipalities improve their capacity for action focused on special needs children and their families.
During the first year, the CAMF intends to conduct a dialogue phase in order to identify the best actions to take to benefit special needs children and their families. The needs of municipalities of all sizes will be explored with a view to advancing the cause of children with special needs: inclusive living and recreation environments, inclusive day camps, youth employability and awareness-raising to fight prejudice.
This step will provide an opportunity to establish contacts with various partners (municipalities, associations, communities, governments and institutions) and to plan projects based on identified needs that could be financed over a period of five to 10 years.
The Foundation’s contribution: $3 M over six years (2019-2024)
To learn more about the initiative
A few key facts
- Number of members representing over 500 municipalities and MRCs (regional county municipalities) 325
- Number of elected representatives and officials responsible for issues affecting families and seniors in the network Close to 900
- Number of municipalities and MRCs that have, or are on their way to obtaining, Child-Friendly Municipality certification 75
- Number of municipal family policies in Quebec Over 800