Preventing poverty by helping
to create conditions that will enable
all young people living in Québec
to develop their full potential
Our mission is to prevent poverty by helping to create conditions that will enable all young people living in Québec to develop their full potential. To fulfill this mission, we provide long-term support for organizations and networks that are working together to improve their capacity to develop sustainable initiatives aimed at advancing those conditions.
"Full potential" includes children’s social, psychological, cognitive, social and emotional development throughout their young lives, helping them to grow into adults who are accomplished, educated, qualified and socially skilled.
Our vision of Quebec is that of a supportive, equitable and inclusive society that enables every child and every family to realize their full potential and play an active role in society.
Our commitment to society
The Lucie and André Chagnon Foundation contributes to the prevention of poverty by helping to create conditions that will enable all young people living in Québec to develop their full potential. In so doing, the Foundation is responding to priorities that have been continually reaffirmed by Québec society. Because we are a philanthropic organization, we recognize that our resources are for collective use, and that we are responsible and accountable for our actions and the consequences of those actions. We believe that our contribution should complement, not replace, the essential and legitimate role of government. We listen to stakeholders and citizens, and are committed to involving representatives of civil society in our decision-making bodies and practices. Our objective is to provide long-term support for initiatives within and in support of the Quebec's social fabric.
- Solidarity: promoting mutual aid and prioritizing the common good
- Social justice: acting with transparency and equity
- Inclusion: being open, welcoming diversity as a strength, and recognizing each person’s ability to succeed and make a contribution
- Agility: being flexible and creative in our work while constantly seeking out rallying, inclusive solutions based on what we have learned
- Collaboration: combining everyone’s strengths, working together in an atmosphere of trust, and nourishing relationships based on mutual respect.
We do our very best to embody these values every day; they guide our actions both internally and externally. We do everything we can to share these values and ensure they are known and recognized by all our partners and stakeholders.