Fonds d’investissement de Montréal (FIM IV)
Area of investment : Affordable housing
The Fonds d’investissement de Montréal (FIM) finances the purchase and renovation of multi-unit residential properties by non-profits and housing cooperatives. It provides low- and middle-income households, families in particular, with access to healthy and affordable housing while contributing to the revitalization of several Montreal neighbourhood and actively promoting citizen and community mobilization.
Our mission-based investment
This initiative, which originated in the community housing sector, brings together several financial partners to contract second mortgage loans in order to provide patient capital for the purchase and renovation of affordable housing in Montreal.
To actively promote :
- access to affordable housing for low- and middle-income households
- the purchase of real estate developments consisting primarily of units with two or more bedrooms in order to help two-parent and single-parent families
- the revitalization of Montreal neighbourhoods
- the integration of real estate projects into the mobilization dynamic of citizens and communities.
Real estate developer
- Fonds d’investissement de Montréal (FIM IV)
- Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ
- Fédération des Caisses Desjardins du Québec
- Armand Bombardier Foundation
- W. McConnell Family Foundation
- National Bank of Canada
- Stephen R. Bronfman
- Caisse Desjardins des travailleuses et travailleurs unis
- Lucie and André Chagnon Foundation
What the media are saying
Affordable housing being funded by city of Montreal, CTV News Montreal